As in fairy tales..

I grew up listening to the stories of the princes, princessess and witches who captures the Pretty Princess in the castle inside the deep forest and Prince Charming riding in his white horse and rescuing her. Not only me, I think there wont be anyone who has not heard these sort of stories in their childhood and picturised in their heads about the thick forests and tall castles.

Instead of white horse I was riding a white scooter when I came across this place. I stopped as I had a sudden feeling of familiarity even though I am visiting this place first time in my life. I walked through the tangled branches touching them and feeling them with my finger tips. I sat on one of the low branches listening to the chirping of birds and rustling of leaves. As usual my wandering mind started travelling to a different world, the world in fairy tales.

The trees were standing apart in the darkness. The world was covered in shadows. Every single sound was evoking fear in them. They always stood there in silence. But the fear was difficult to overcome. They extended their hands to hold each other…To console each other … The more the darkness engulfed them, the more they coiled so that no evil hands can take them away. That made them strong reminding the wise words of unity is strength. They united as one to fight against the shadows as one body and one soul…

Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai

Tangled, coiled and twisted on their own
Difficult to differentiate where it belong
Bathed by the monsoon droplets
Living in the darkness and shadows
Evoking fear in those who passes by
Reminding of the dark castles of fairy tales

9 thoughts on “As in fairy tales..

• Megha August 7, 2017 / 5:40 pm

Thnx a lot.. Thank you for taking time to read😊

Liked by 1 person

• Megha August 15, 2017 / 6:13 am

πŸ™πŸ½ Thnx for your lovely words. 😊

Liked by 1 person

1. Prabh August 15, 2017 / 6:56 pm

The comparison of entangled branches with the unity and strength.wow!!amazing.I never saw it like that earlier.πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘Œ

Liked by 1 person

• Megha August 15, 2017 / 9:00 pm

I love to think from their side rather than looking at what I see😊 thnx for checking my posts. Your words really means a lot. A fuel to work a bit more harder. Thank you😊

Liked by 1 person

• Prabh August 16, 2017 / 2:19 pm

You are welcome and i really liked that .keep up the good work.πŸ‘

Liked by 1 person